Linton Granta 3, Eaton Socon 2

18th March 2017 :: Cambs FA County League Kershaw Premier

Linton Granta 3 Eaton Socon 2

Eaton lost by the odd goal in what was a thriller at Linton. In a game played in poor weather both sides produced some good football in what was a close game. Linton scored early on when the centre half got free of his marker to head home but Eaton settled into the game and on 21 minutes equalised through a Lee Bassett header. Eaton pressed the Linton goal but a resolute defence kept them at bay. However just before half time Dale Archer burst into the Eaton area and he was felled by Wale.. Linton scored the resulting penalty and went in 2-1 ahead at half time. The second half started with Linton pressing but Eaton broke down the left and Ben Wilks was fouled in the area .. again the referee awarded a penalty and Neil Morris put it away. But within two minutes Linton broke and the Eaton defence were all at sea and again Linton scored to retake the lead. Linton to be fair should have finished the game off but for a great save by Wale. Eaton though laid siege to the Linton goal in the last five minutes and were unlucky not to take a point.. Fox hit the bar.. LGF and Bassett both had shots cleared off the line.. but it was not meant to be and Linton held on to take the three points.. 
The ressies had a tough fixture against a good Chatteris Ressie side. The first half was very tight and with a thin squad the boys rallied and put in a gutsy first half performance. Eaton lost Stockwell early on which looks to be a big loss but Sammy came on and changed the movement up top. It was 0-0 at half time but Eaton had the better chances. The second half saw Eaton came out quick and Tommy Hall scored with a delightful lob. Eaton carried on keeping the ball but some sloopy defending allowed the Chatteris player to equalise. Eaton could of crumbled but found themselves back in front from a corner when Gooch scored. More sloppy defending saw Chatteris draw level, but Eaton won the game when good work from Argyle who won a free kick and Tommy Hall smashed it into the top corner. A great gutsy display and a great result .... M.o.m was Joe Kokotka and Tommy Hall